Tuesday, July 29, 2008

THE ROAST

This roast was no small feat. The boys (that is what I call the guys who live upstairs) had to dig out and construct the pit. They also talked to a guy, who knew a guy that could get them a pig. This wasn't one of those look it up in the phone book and have it delivered pigs. It was a lot of work to get it together but worth it. The pig was constantly basted in a few pounds of butter (which they used all of it) and bbq sauce. The pig also received a brown sugar glaze about a half an hour before it was done. This was no low calorie meal.
Cort was the pig cooker. He began at 1 p.m. and kept watch until 9 p.m. He was busy basting, turning and making coals to keep the pig roasting beautifully.
Metz was our big helper. Once he was up from his nap he went to work. He worked with daddy until 9 and was so infatuated with the pig and the whole process.
The first taste. He liked it and asked for more. Notice the tennis ball in his hand. All boy.
See I'm eating it mom and I like it :).

3 comments:

Angie said...

What is Metz using as a fork?? I know you have forks over there in the middle of the Carribean, get your kid one!:) haha. That pig looks....disgusting I have to say! If I didn't see it on the roaster I might like it, but if I saw it beforehand...no way!

Krista said...

Thanks for the chocolate offer. I really might take you up on it!

Heather said...

Wow. What is it with Leavitts and roasting pigs? haha. It looks like a lot of work but fun too. You and cort look great in your "night out" pictures.