Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July

Football - while the grill got going Metz and Cort were able to throw the ball around and play.  What a treat for Metz since Cort took some extra time off to be with us. 
Friends - Great friends that go along with my ideas.  Thanks to each of the girls that cooked, found butcher paper, cut out stars, and just went along with my crazy idea that we could have a traditional 4th of July.  You guys are the best.
Food - Great Food.  Metz enjoying one of the many cookies he ate that night.  We all went home full and happy.  We are very lucky to have good friends.   It really felt like the 4th of July which I think is amazing when you live in the middle of the Caribbean Sea.  Hope everyone had a great 4th!

7 comments:

Angie said...

Oh no, that is scary hearing that Metz is infatuated with the grill. He is Cort's child afterall and accidents just seemed to find Cort as a kid, ask anyone who has known him his whole life, I'm thinking accident prone + fire = SCARY! Your 4th sounds and looks like fun. I agree that grilled hotdogs are scrumptious! Good work Kimi, way to take charge and celebrate July 4th the way it is meant to be celebrated!! You are going to have to teach me how to cook when your feet land on U.S. soil again!

Emily B said...

I'm glad you guys still celebrated outside of the country. True Americans.

Unknown said...

You have the neatest family away from our family and I can see that you are the ring leader for them too. Keep smiling you are in the prettiest place on earth. We love you. MOM

leavitts said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun. Next year you guys will hae to come to Kanab with us. You will never forget it, and Metz can see the parade.

Princess Hairstyles said...

What a good mom you are to go to all this trouble! It's amazing what you can make from scratch! I'm afraid my poor kids would be living on crackers if I were in your situation.

Brosita said...

I loved reading about your 4th of July fun! Good job everyone! Homeade Hot dog buns! wow!
I loved the video of Metz- way cute!

Daymon and Shannon Swensen said...

Cort! How are you doing? I have been wondering where in the world you are. I am sure you are busy, but drop me a line when you get a chance.

Daymon (djswensen2006@yahoo.com)