Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July -THE FOOD-

What a delicious night.  We enjoyed hot dogs (that I had saved from the beginning of the year, I froze them) with homemade relish from the states.  DELICIOUS.  Thank you Jan for sending it down it was quite the hit.
Look at that spread.  I think we did an excellent job especially for where we live! Hot dogs (with homemade buns), baked beans, potato salad, pasta salad and fresh fruit!!! SO GOOD!! And everything from scratch, no short cuts here.
Star sugar cookies and cupcakes for dessert.  Metz loved these he kept sneaking them.  Love the sprinkles, thanks Blake.
Look a table full of delicious food.  Thanks everyone for coming, cooking and being great company.  It actually felt like the 4th.  

1 comment:

Heather said...

Homemade buns? are you kidding me?? You are simply amazing, Kimi. How did Cort ever get such a neat wife?? I am so impressed that you made the 4th so much fun considering where you are right now. I probably would have just sulked and wished I was home. You are fantastic!!