Saturday, September 13, 2008

Metz's First Zoo Trip

This was the beginning of our Anniversary Weekend :) 6 years :).  We went to the Miami Dade Zoo.  Metz had never been to a zoo so this was very exciting for the whole family.  The first stop was the flamingos. 
This pic is for Grandma Butler (she loves flamingos) Metz kept saying "pink, flamingos, pink".  
Metz loved this little elephant sculpture.  It was just his size! He was surprised when we got to the real elephants and they were huge!!
Metz and daddy looking at a monkey hanging from a tree.  Metz was explaining to Cort what the monkey was doing.   My handsome boys.
I know Metz was thinking "this fish is going to get me".  He loves the fish tanks and didn't want to leave.  He is also wearing his new Nike's.  He loves them.  Asks to wear them everyday.  
Well the kid did get something from me!!! (For those of you who don't know, my dad owns a video taping business and I spent my teenage and young adult years with a video camera in my hand)  Metz thought it was sooo cool to video tape the animals.  We haven't seen his footage yet but I'm sure he did a good job.  Cute Cute.

6 comments:

Angie said...

I can't believe the difference in Metz's hair! I wouldn't have noticed so much but I saw the pic of him eating McDonalds and realized his hair really was so long and BLONDE! He looks ADORABLE with the new cut, good job Gma! That looks cool to feed the giraffe, I'll bet Metz was eating that up. We just went over to my Grandma's house and said hi to Jan tonight and she was telling us about Berne and her driving through the hurricane in Florida! I was cracking up at the way she was telling it. What's up with you guys hitting some NASTY weather as soon as you move some place new?! Crazy. Enjoy your McDonalds. Tell Cort to slow down before he gains 200 pounds!;)

Live, Laugh, & Love with the Floyd Family on the Eastcoast said...

hey kimi
ur son is cute..
how are ya
long time no talk..
did tami tell u I got married and now have a baby..
well we do.. she is soo fun and adorable.. congrats on ur pregnancy..
later
Anna floyd
ps ben's sister

Live, Laugh, & Love with the Floyd Family on the Eastcoast said...

my husband name is not prounced like Amy.. its dutch.. named after his great grandpa..

Kristin said...

Looks like you are loving Miami so far! So happy for you guys!

MegHaNE said...

i love the picture of the boys with their sunglasses on! how fun for you guys!

Heidi said...

I haven't checked your blog in a while. I can't believe your apartment caught on fire! Yikes. You have great friends. I hope you like Miami. Let me know if you ever want to come to Maine.