Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Clean Up

Almost 20 people showed up to our house at 9:30 at night with fans, buckets, bleach and towels.  
They each just took a spot and got it clean.  It was amazing.  When you see how bad it was to how great they got it I'm just so thankful.  It took some major elbow grease and hard work and they were happy to do it.
I was able to take Metz up to Paul's house (thanks paul) to sleep and go through what was left of our things to pack and clean them up to leave by 4 a.m. while everyone else cleaned my house.  
They finished around 1 a.m. and our place looked AMAZING!! We will still have to pay to clean the roof and paint the walls where the fire started but I will forever be grateful for everyone who came and worked so hard.  If it was just left up to me and Cort we would still be trying to clean our place.  Also to those who are still doing the follow up work with the apartment.  THANK YOU!!
THE BIGGEST THANK YOU AND HUG TO EVERYONE THAT CAME AND CLEANED.

1 comment:

The Bensons said...

Holy smokes..literally! That was really bad. I think our husbands looked like chemney sweep guys from Mary Poppins....kind of cute. I am so glad you all made it back. Please try to scan in your next ultrasound pic so we can see how big the baby is getting. You should know the sex soon right? I can't wait!