Friday, March 21, 2008

Grab a Root



That is what I call this hike.  It is named after it's village but I can't pronounce it or spell it so it is Grab A Root.
Why grab a root you may ask.  . . because that was the instructions by our tour guide, Theo.  He said to hold the rope, grab a root and start heading down the cliff.  Halfway down my legs were shaking like crazy.  I think my favorite saying that day was "seriously".  Poor Theo every time he told me to do something or try to reach for something my reaction was "seriously?".
Look closely at the top of the picture.  That would be me with the bright red backpack.  I'm grateful I had that thing at least people could see me and tell me where to step.  Granted every once and awhile I would have to shimmy a little bit to make it through some roots or trees but I made it.
YEA, I made it to the bottom and am enjoying some fresh coconut.  My first time trying it, that is why there is a picture.  I liked it.
Ok, this is what I worked so hard to see a fresh waterfall that falls into the Atlantic Ocean.  Normally you can stand on the rock and take a picture, but the ocean was really rough that day. The climb back up was a lot of fun and much easier.   After I had finished the hike I felt like I could conquer the world after a quick nap. 

3 comments:

Matt, Calli, & Dixon said...

Kimi, I am 100% officially jealous! That looked like a lot of fun. Could Cort and I go scuba diving there? If you answer yes I'm booking a flight now, dropping out of Temple Dental, and moving in. Keep up the cool posts, we love looking at your blog. When will you be home in August? We will be in Vegas until the 14th, hope we get to see you.

Jacob said...

Kimi, Kimi, Kimi!!! Oh how I miss you! So glad you have joined the blogging world and I can keep tabs on you that much easier! Metz is just way too cute and getting so big! Thanks for sharing your adventures! That looks like one awesome hike!

Angie said...

Bravo Kimi! Very impressive. Looks fun, things like that--that are physically hard--are so rewarding when you finish them! Oh, and props to you on your "J" lesson...also very impressive!