Thursday, June 24, 2010

Grandma and Grandpa Butler came to Visit!!!

My mom and dad came to visit for a week in May. It was awesome. We ran ourselves ragged between trips to Madison, Chicago and Milwaukee. Then the cooking, playing games, planting, painting, and putting things together it was just a busy week. We had a great time, the weather was perfect and I hope they make it a yearly tradition.

The minute one of my parents came up the stairs they were bombarded by the boys. They wanted to chat, help with their guns, and stories read. My favorite was when Chase did something once, my dad said "good job" and clapped, well for the next 45 minutes Chase would do something, look back at my dad and wait for his cheer. If grandpa didn't cheer he just sat there waiting for it. What a funny kid.

Metz and Grandpa worked on a few projects (just like when we lived in Rexburg) during the week. Grandpa took Metz to get a bird feeder and house to put together. They picked out the paints, the sander and brushes. I think the fact the colors are the same as Green Bay Packers is purely incidental. Metz got to paint and

do some of the hammering. It took a few day to finish and they had a great time working together.

We took a trip to Madison. We toured the downtown, did a Costco run, cruised the mall and went to the Zoo. Grandma made sure the Chase got to see all the animals too. It was very sweet.

Hi! This tiger was a little close for me but Metz loved it. We had a great day in Madsion and were completely spoiled.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Ok Cort looks completely different to me. Completely. Not sure what it is??? Anyway, glad you had some company. Being away from family can be hard so yay for visitors!!:)