Friday, April 24, 2009

Coloring Eggs and Easter Egg Hunts

It's not Easter until you color your eggs for the Easter Bunny to hide :)

Cort started out helping Metz . . . but soon was working on his own . . . Metz dipped and dipped and then redipped his eggs. Most of them ended up green (his favorite color, ever!!)

His fingers ended up green too . . . it took quite the scrubbing to get them clean.

He later got to put stickers on. So fun. He started with 18 eggs but stole some from my niece and nephew and ended up with a ton!!! It was so fun and it was awesome that Brittany and Cole came up and helped get us ready for Easter Morning.

Ok, I am never promising Metz an egg hunt again. Long story short we started at the high school for an egg hunt and as I was putting Chase in the stroller it started. Back in the car we went to egg hunt number 2 at the Movie Theatre. Walk in to find out not an egg in sight. In an hour there is one at the local grocery store (it is also the last one of the day) so we head over and immediately stand in line at the end of an aisle for the 2-4 year olds, wait over a half and hour while Metz keeps telling me he only wants green eggs, the start - I push him through to get his allotted 5 eggs and run away as fast as possible. He got some candy and his promised egg hunt. I took some tylenol and got pizza for lunch. I will forever organize my own egg hunt - it would be much easier than doing this ever again. (ok, long story long).

4 comments:

Angie said...

Oh the ones you do yourself are WAY better than the openn-to-the-public ones anyway! Glad the bunny found you. Cort looks EXACTLY like Berne in that first picture...wow, almost creepy:)

the herd said...

I agree! I will never take my children to an Easter egg hunt again! Too much pushing and yelling! Every one wants their kid to get the most! WAY too much stress! My kids really like our home hunt much better!

Darci said...

Beautiful Easter photos. Your boys are so adorable. The Easter festivities can get a little nuts. I'm with you on just doing fun hunts at home or with friends.

The Christensen's said...

Hey! Greetings from the Christensen's! Just wanted to say hello and congrats on Chase! You look great!